Home » miscellaneous

Some of the best beaches of the world

20 August 2014 miscellaneous 13 comments

The best beaches of the world

As the summer is almost over here in the Northern Hemisphere, it is time to catch the last hot days for a refreshing dip in some sea. So, I got the idea to search for ideas which would be the best beaches in the world. Well, indeed, there are not so many in Europe or North America, but still, here, in Europe, you can still find some of the world’s best beaches. So, after a net research and based also on my travels, I compiled the below list. Where are the beaches ? Maldives ? Thailand ? Did I ever heard anything about Costa Rica ? Well, I did… so let’s go.

Tulum, Mexico. Think about a fantastic Maya city with a great castle and an emerald green sea behind you ? Here is the place where you can both dip in sea and in a glorious history. Feeling like walking in bikinis centuries-old ruins ? Here is the right place.

Hong Island, Thailand. I shouldn’t really tell you this secret, but because you are my readers I will do it. The big difference between these islands and the worldwide famous Phi Phi is a movie – “The Beach” which was filmed in Phi Phi and not here. So, you will find a similar paradise but with 100 times less tourists. Where ? Not far away from Ao Nang, Krabi province.

Sunset beach, Peroulades, Corfu, Greece. Think about a canion-line cliff which just drops in the sea. And a tiny sandy beach below going slowly into a green water. Here you are. Really spectacular.

Grand Anse, La Digue Island, Seychelles. The folks from CNN Travel  placed it as number 1 beach in a ranking which includes 100 beaches of the world. Well, it should be something :).

Mal Pais, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Well, we should include here not only quiet beaches where you can only sleep, swim or get sunburns, but also a surfer paradise, a beach with strong winds and beautiful strong waves… here you go in Costa Rica. Surfers name it exceptional.

Here is a short list of wonderful beaches around the world. If you have any other beach to propose, you are welcome to do it below, at the comments :) Thank you for that !

Până acum există "13 comentarii" la acest articol:

1. Francois says:

Fully agree for Grande Anse beach in Seychelles! Could add Maldives and Kho Phi Phi in Thailand as well!

2. Yzzah says:

Thanks for this great list!
    All of them were quiet good. However, I do agree with you on the matter of Hong IIsland in Thailand, why not go to somewhere equally beautiful but with less people? IIt’s a better place to relax and dip in the beach in.

3. Chester says:

About Zanzibar off the East Africa coast?

Just as beautiful as Seychelles.

4. Hrvoje says:

Did you see the beach Sakarun? One of Adriatics pearls? Great!

5. Ryan says:

Awesome place.

6. Iris Milton says:

Nice list! Thank you gor sharing. I would add Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island (Australia).

7. The beaches are very attractive and wonderful.For enjoying your leisure time and holidays with your friends and family you can go in the beach and enjoy yourselves…….

8. Tate Nanje says:

Is so difficult to name only some”best beaches of the world”, because there are so many points of view to judge their beauty! Where the mountain meets the sea, the beach is sandy but has luxuriant vegetation and the underwater scenery is breathtaking with a lots of fish to see, maybe some coral reefs… there is heaven on earth. Many beaches all over the world fall under this category…

9. Tim says:

Can’t wait to try out Mal Pais … should be there in February!

10. Rana Singh says:

Totally agree with your list and added some which i haven’t visited in my next destination list.
    Thanx

11. Ken says:

I always like the beach. Thailand beach is very nice for me!

12. Love the list, great beaches! Nothing beats laying down on the beautiful beach, and enjoying the light breeze, sun & sound of the waves. And if it’s on a hidden one, with a special person, that is the best experience.

Navagio beach on Zante, one of the most famous in the whole Greece, is our contribution to the list.

13. Ooa Revo says:

Great list Cezar, thank you for sharing it with us – especially your insider tip about Hong Island! I certainly made a note of it. I would also add El Nido, Palawan in the Philippines. A real gem! Clear water and great snorkeling and diving!

If you’re interested in quality photos, videos and storytelling on top of traditional travel tips: http://ooaworld.com

best smart watches
  • Advertising

Find me on Facebook

Find me on Google+

Find me on Twitter

Translate this page in your language

Me & My Flights

Most recent posts

6 Tips for Taking Your Family Camping

4 December 2018

6 Tips for Taking Your Family Camping

Going to a camp is a hilarious experience. This is because it gives you an opportunity to take a break from your busy lifestyle for a while. However, planning for such a getaway can be a challenge when there are kids involved. This is due to the fact that your kids may not be willing […]

LA to Jamaica – 6 top ranking travel tips

19 November 2018

LA to Jamaica – 6 top ranking travel tips

We could wax lyrical about Jamaica’s sun, sea and sand — but you can find these attractions at thousands of other locations worldwide.

Paradise Found, Tropical Retreats that will take your breath away

1 June 2018

Paradise Found, Tropical Retreats that will take your breath away

Long favored for honeymoon destinations and romantic retreats, there’s nothing quite as beautiful as shimmering turquoise waters, swaying palm trees and miles of sandy beach to share with a loved one. Here are some of the best, and a few you might not even have heard of!

Top Destinations of Africa That Should Be On Your Bucket list

21 March 2018

Top Destinations of Africa That Should Be On Your Bucket list

Some of us cannot stay within the confines of  boundaries or tread carefully in the grey zone. Some of us live to walk on the edge, test the deep waters, embrace wildness and get no less reckless  with each blood-pumping  adrenaline rush. If you’re one of the people who cannot be restrained by the chains […]

Highlights of the Bodrum Peninsula

18 March 2018

Highlights of the Bodrum Peninsula

For many years Bodrum has been one of Turkey’s top holiday destinations for both national and international tourists. Sandwiched between two seas, with the Aegean to the west and the Mediterranean to the east, plenty of pristine beaches and vibrant nightlife, plus a regular Bodrum to Kos Ferry linking Turkey to the Greek Dodecanese Islands. […]

About:

Hello Everybody !

My name is Cezar (where the nickname "Imperator" comes from) and I have travelled to 105 countries around the world. In this blog, I would like to share with you stories, memories, travel tips & tricks and news to help you plan your journeys !

For any questions or comments, please, feel free to contact me at imperatortravel@yahoo.co.uk

My trip around the world can be summarized in the movie below which I invite you to watch.

SEARCH THE SITE: