Home » Western Europe

Top Cities to Visit in Western Europe

30 March 2014 Western Europe 12 comments

14. Turnul Belem.JPG

Western Europe presents many alluring possibilities for fun weekend city trips with friends. Here are our current “Best in the West” list.

Lisbon

You cannot go further west than Portugal. Go for a Lisbon City break this weekend. Visit and explore the beauty of the largest city of Portugal with your friends! Medieval castles with Arabic ornaments and the breathtaking Belem waterfront are just a few of the mesmerising local sights. After a day of walking, bring out your dancing shoes! As the sun sets into the cool Atlantic Ocean, Lisbon explodes with nightlife which will have you dancing till the morning hours.

Amsterdam

The Netherlands’ main city hardly needs an introduction. Its mesh of canals, coffee shops, exclusive boutiques, and museums stacked with the works of old masters will keep you busy from the moment you get there. Amsterdam is a city of contrasts, and each aspect of its beautiful eclectic nature competes for your appreciation. Whether you want the culture of the Rijksmuseum, the haute couture of Jordaan, or the dining and dancing of the eternal Supperclub, this city will deliver.

Munich

You have heard great things about Berlin, Germany’s capital, but why not go south for a change? Munich, arguably the richest German city, has just as much culture, entertainment, and beauty to offer – and then some! The picture-perfect city center around Marienplatz and Stachus has splendidly preserved old churches and government buildings. In between hide many proud local breweries like Hofbräu and Löwenbräu. The beautiful Neuschwannstein castle lies just outside the city, too. In the night, you can lose yourself into the many clubs where cutting-edge electronica and expertly mixed drinks cement Munich’s reputation as a city of plenty.

Stockholm

As you head north, Stockholm is the place to be. Spread around fourteen islands, Sweden’s capital offers a charming mix of ornate old and austere, typically Scandinavian new. Gamla Stan, or the Old Town, provides a venerable look at the past with its Royal Palace and cobblestone roads. Slip into one of the many traditional cafes for an energy boost before you hit Östmalm and its many shops ripe with modern Swedish design. If you feel adventurous, mount a boat and set out into the Stockholm Archipelago. In the surrounding Baltic Sea, close to 30,000 little islands are ripe for exploration!

Your fun weekend awaits

So, round up your friends and book yourself a fun city trip down this list. Good times guaranteed!

Până acum există "12 comentarii" la acest articol:

1. Dave Briggs says:

Stockholm in the late spring is spectacular… I particularly love the cheery blossoms :)

2. Catherine says:

Great list :) As stupid as it sounds, I always kind of forget about Portugal and Lisbon as an option for European travels. You’ve certainly tempted me to give it a go though :)

3. Lisbon is great, I’m off for it next month!
    My list would include: Valencia, Barcelona, Budapest, Venice and others…
    It’s hard to pick the “top 10 best”, but Barcelona would top it all.

4. I want to see then all…I will see them all eventually!

5. Hi!

I have been to Lisbon twice last year and have to say that there is lots to see and explore. I truly love this city!

6. Yes..I also heard a good stuff for Lisbon and every article I read just convince me that Lisbon looks like a good start for my European tour. Thanks

7. Shachar says:

From reading this post and the comments, I think Lisbon will be my next destination :)

8. Suki F says:

I have seen two of these and absolutely loved them. I’ll eventually see the next two. I hope they are as amazing as the ones I have visited.

9. Tim says:

Great article! I love Lisbon! It’s like a second home to me because I have family living there. It’s a beautiful city and has so much history. It’s a big city but it’s really cozy and you will feel really welcomed. I recommend everyone to visit this city.

10. Oliver R. says:

I voted for Amsterdam

11. Umesh Kumar says:

This is such a nice article

best smart watches
  • Advertising

Find me on Facebook

Find me on Google+

Find me on Twitter

Translate this page in your language

Me & My Flights

Most recent posts

How do Full-Time Travellers Fund their Lifestyle?

17 February 2020

How do Full-Time Travellers Fund their Lifestyle?

Could you imagine getting up in the morning and deciding to quit your job, sell your house and book a flight to anywhere in the world without a solid return date in mind? No? You certainly aren’t alone but there are many that do live the nomad lifestyle and wouldn’t dream of going back to […]

Older British Travellers Flocking to Romania in Record Numbers

18 December 2019

Older British Travellers Flocking to Romania in Record Numbers

Romania’s tourism industry has been welcoming growing numbers of overseas visitors for several years. And according to a new study, it is proving particularly popular as a holiday destination with a particular group of travellers – senior citizens aged 65 and over.

MYFLYRIGHT: Taking Care of Your Passenger Rights

26 August 2019

MYFLYRIGHT: Taking Care of Your Passenger Rights

We all know that when travelling by plane there’s a whole host of things that can go amiss, so you should know what you can do to fight for your rights as a passenger.

Goa, the Indian seaside paradise

18 March 2019

Goa, the Indian seaside paradise

Historic churches, Catholic relics, azulejos, crosses at the corners of the road … could it be Europe? Could it be Latin America? Well, you will find these images on the Asian continent, as well … it is Goa, a small part of Portugal transplanted thousands of miles off the Lusitanian shore, in India!

9 Genius Uses for a Folding Wagon

6 March 2019

9 Genius Uses for a Folding Wagon

A foldable wagon is not your obvious ideal purchase. However, once you get one, its uses can outdo its price. It can be folded, making it easy to incorporate into your day-to-day activities. It can easily travel and be stored. Below are genius ideas on how to maximize how you can use your folding wagon:

About:

Hello Everybody !

My name is Cezar (where the nickname "Imperator" comes from) and I have travelled to 105 countries around the world. In this blog, I would like to share with you stories, memories, travel tips & tricks and news to help you plan your journeys !

For any questions or comments, please, feel free to contact me at imperatortravel@yahoo.co.uk

My trip around the world can be summarized in the movie below which I invite you to watch.

SEARCH THE SITE: