Home » - Zanzibar

Take to the Water in Zanzibar: Top Watersports Opportunities

1 October 2013 - Zanzibar 9 comments

20, apus de soare in Zanzibar.jpg

When you think of an exotic holiday in Zanzibar, an island just off the coast of Tanzania in Africa, you may think of the powdery beaches and crystal clear waters. Perhaps you imagine yourself relaxing on a sun lounger overlooking the bay, watching the world go by. With plenty of hotels in Zanzibar, your tranquil holiday by the ocean can start as soon as you like if you head online to book your exotic adventure.

While it would be easy to lose the sense of time on the beach or by the pool, and see the days pass you by at super speed, you could also make the most of your stay in Zanzibar by taking advantage of the various watersports on offer.

Diving

There are a handful of PADI Diving Centres on Zanzibar, giving anyone with an interest in scuba diving the chance to take to the waters. Whether you’re a complete beginner who needs a few lessons or you’re an avid diver who is desperate for their next stint in the ocean, diving trips are rife.

There is usually a choice of two diving trips per day. Whether you want to shallow dive at Tumbatu or embark on a deep dive at Leven Banks, the possibilities are endless.

Parasailing

See the island from a whole new vantage point, with the help of a parachute strapped to the back of a speedboat. Does this sound up your street? It doesn’t matter how old you are, parasailing is a great way to enjoy the sights; combine with the scenic boat ride and you have an afternoon trip out to sea sorted!

Snorkelling

You don’t have to fasten oxygen tanks to your back and clamber into a wetsuit to enjoy the marine life that can be found off the Zanzibar shore. Snorkelling is just as rewarding an experience; whether you choose to snorkel as part of your diving trip or you decide to go it alone, grab a snorkel and some flippers and see what you can find, it’s a great way to see the underwater creatures without having to dive properly. Plus, you don’t need lessons either!

As well as the amazing watersports opportunities, you’ll also find some fantastic excursions that take you inland too, including trips to the Kiwengwa Caves, the historical attractions of Stone Town and the Mtoni Palace Ruins. Whether you choose any of these water-based activities or you decide to avoid watersports altogether and stay on dry land, a stay in Zanzibar is sure to be an out of this world adrenalin rush.

Până acum există "9 comentarii" la acest articol:

1. John Haynes says:

Diving is the water activities that I love most. Does the beach offer beautiful seabed that can make my diving effort worth it? I never thought that Tanzania have a paradise like that!

2. joe says:

the the picture would have been nice sitting there looking at the sunset

3. Africa is the beautiful country to visit at all seasons. I was went Africa, Tanzania island Zanzibar last year I just love that trip it was remediable able trip in my life. I was swimming all the day in his crystal water. I must say that if you go ever Africa must visit Zanzibar Island.

4. suresha says:

Great information on top waterspots. this will really helpful when i visit the zanzibar. thanks for sharing this one.

5. Dogan Kutbay says:

hi, I’d love to go to zanzibar for the winter tourism, did you go there? Do you have any hotel recommendations?

6. Echo Santos says:

Nice! I’ve never been to Africa. Tanzania is on my watch list now, thanks!

7. tohota says:

Thanks ,for the all these useful information on top watersports opportunities

8. I love the main image! Zanzibar looks promising for any water sports activities. Keep it up!

best smart watches
  • Advertising

Find me on Facebook

Find me on Google+

Find me on Twitter

Translate this page in your language

Me & My Flights

Most recent posts

Romantic Activities to Enjoy in Scotland

19 February 2020

Romantic Activities to Enjoy in Scotland

Scotland has regularly been voted one of the most beautiful countries in the world and rightly so. With dramatic mountainous landscapes, beautiful greenery and abundant wildlife, the country at the top of the UK has an undeniable charm. It’s this beauty that has made Scotland a great choice for couples looking for a romantic retreat […]

How do Full-Time Travellers Fund their Lifestyle?

17 February 2020

How do Full-Time Travellers Fund their Lifestyle?

Could you imagine getting up in the morning and deciding to quit your job, sell your house and book a flight to anywhere in the world without a solid return date in mind? No? You certainly aren’t alone but there are many that do live the nomad lifestyle and wouldn’t dream of going back to […]

Older British Travellers Flocking to Romania in Record Numbers

18 December 2019

Older British Travellers Flocking to Romania in Record Numbers

Romania’s tourism industry has been welcoming growing numbers of overseas visitors for several years. And according to a new study, it is proving particularly popular as a holiday destination with a particular group of travellers – senior citizens aged 65 and over.

MYFLYRIGHT: Taking Care of Your Passenger Rights

26 August 2019

MYFLYRIGHT: Taking Care of Your Passenger Rights

We all know that when travelling by plane there’s a whole host of things that can go amiss, so you should know what you can do to fight for your rights as a passenger.

Goa, the Indian seaside paradise

18 March 2019

Goa, the Indian seaside paradise

Historic churches, Catholic relics, azulejos, crosses at the corners of the road … could it be Europe? Could it be Latin America? Well, you will find these images on the Asian continent, as well … it is Goa, a small part of Portugal transplanted thousands of miles off the Lusitanian shore, in India!

About:

Hello Everybody !

My name is Cezar (where the nickname "Imperator" comes from) and I have travelled to 105 countries around the world. In this blog, I would like to share with you stories, memories, travel tips & tricks and news to help you plan your journeys !

For any questions or comments, please, feel free to contact me at imperatortravel@yahoo.co.uk

My trip around the world can be summarized in the movie below which I invite you to watch.

SEARCH THE SITE: